Manga Digest – Mag Updates Is Back!
::AT A GLANCE::
Minor Blog Updates & Chatter:
We’ve been absent for the past month or so if anyone who followed this blog had noticed. The good news is that Ayu is alive and managed to find a wee bit of spare time in between juggling *RL* assignments and what not, to breath life into tBPII before it starve to death from the lack of posts. I’ve laid out this nice time table of what needed to be done to catch up on things that have been left by the wayside due to my ultra busy *RW* schedule. Hopefully, everything will fall into place in due course once they get moving even if it’ll be at snail pace. I really don’t want to miss out on all the fun I was having before RL activities came crushing down on me this past month. Speaking of which, I hardly had time to run through my mags subscriptions until recently. When I did, it’s sensory overload with so many cool tidbits to catch up on and share. XD If you follow me on twitter, then you’ll be aware that my subscriptions for the 2nd half of the month are delayed. I’m not getting them super early like before. Uraboku, 07-G, ASUKA plus Z-Sum’s fans probably won’t get early spoilers this time. Fret not, resourceful peeps from the various manga fandoms usually know where to dig spoilers from if they put their minds to it. ^o^ Regardless, I’ll still share the regular mag snippets on my blog because hey, I enjoy doing it as well as reading the various fandoms’ comments which Ayu appreciates very much. Ah…long ramble is long, eh?!
Let’s get back to tBP’s manga mags updates. To start off, I’m sharing snippets from GFantasy Issues 5 and 6 because they are just too super to leave out.
GFANTASY ISSUE 05
I decided to include some snippets from GFan May edition because; i) I like the featured cover of PH, ii) there’s much pimping of Kimi to Boku (unless you’re not a fan or feign ignorance, you may already know that it’s getting an ‘anime’), iii) El Shaddai gets *mangafied* with an intro chappie showing a guy, presumably the protagonist, with *manboobs*. Oh yeah, that cracks me up 😆 iv) PH was just too awesome to let go on a monthly basis (even though I’m not posting chapter snippets per se but something else related) and, v) mainly the colours pages cos most of you stalkers and tBP regulars are graphics hoarders.
I like the sunny disposition of this PH centric cover despite how bitterly moody and dark the main story has gotten. Mochizuki-sensei pulls out all the stops in progressing the main plot. I love how she always managed to end the chapters in a nail biting cliffy that made you wait impatiently for the next installment.
::KIMI TO BOKU::
– This is specifically for KtB fans. I’m looking forward to seeing the ‘animated’ version of ‘You and I’. Nothing like seeing a *slice of life* series on a group of close-knit adolescence boys going about their daily lives, tackling the various foibles of friendships, in and out of school. I guess we’re so use to seeing anime with a group of school girls (like the infamous ‘K-ON’ ) that it is actually quite refreshing to see the reverse. No squeeing moe girls but just a bunch of ordinary, spotty boys xD… ok, I made up the ‘spotty’ bit. When I think of ‘KtB’, I think of ‘Adrian Mole’. If you don’t know who ‘Adrian Mole’ is, just google it. (^_^;;
::EL SHADDAI GAIDEN – EXODUS::
– Intro chapter of a new ‘hebrew’ inspired manga title (אל שדי) that is based on a game created by Ignition Entertainment and is illustrated by Aogiri Ryou. The manga gaiden basically focus on Enoch and Lucifer, the main characters of the story.
– Ad promo of the special collectible PH illustration from Mochizuki-sensei. Comes in 2 sizes, framed poster-size and unframed A3-size, both of which cost a ‘bomb’ really. (>_<) Imo, it’ll be worth more to get the ‘Artbook’.
– To close out GFan Issue 05, here’s the cover of the final Volume 13 tank release for ‘Zombie-Loan’ which featured all 3 main protagonists. The volume is out on sale and is available to order at the regular online sites.
GFANTASY ISSUE 06
– Promo of an upcoming DJCD series titled “Chouritsu Sou Kou – ZYKLUS;CODE“. The main male character is ‘Shiryuu Rentarou’ (voiced by Terashima Takuma) and the female protagonist pictured in the promo is ‘Petrouchka’ (voiced by Saitou Chiwa). I like the character designs. Will not be surprise if this gets mangafied.
– Have anyone check out the Gangan web titles? If you haven’t yet done so, do check out the online serializations here @ Gangan Online. Maybe you’ll find what you like.
::EL SHADDAI GAIDEN – EXODUS::
– I think I’m going to like this *godly* tale. Enoch seems to be an interesting character especially with all his innocent-like bewildered look. But oh gawd, his man-boobs armour in the intro chapter had me *loling*. Lucifer is mysterious and has that mischievous aura about him. Wanna see how these two gets along or not?! .
GFantasy *El Shaddai Bonus Feature*
Just to add a little more spice to entice you manga peeps to check out ‘El Shaddai’, GFan included a bonus ES Illustration Gallery which featured artwork from other mangakas/illustrators like Yana Toboso and Kou Furusawa. There’s also an amusing intro ‘omake’. The 4 bonus artwork and omake is viewable only at my LJ. Head on over there to get the individual HQ images, etc.
– Snippets of Chapter 2 from a new shounen themed manga by ‘Tsumugi Musawo’ which made its debut in GF May edition. The intro chapter was rather short with not a lot going on so I hadn’t bothered to post snippets of it. This chapter was a lot more interesting in terms of exposing the main characters with their individual skills.
You may use the images for graphical artwork etc., but don’t claim the scans as your own or re-post them elsewhere w/o my permission because *shame on you*, if you do that. You may however, link back to this page.